Thank you to everyone who participated. Congratulations to Darth Kozy for his winning entry. Here is a selection of entrants photos and pictures for the Sideshow/Star Wars Action News Jabba contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
Copy the below text into an e-mail to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the top, type your requested information. In place of the blanks that precede each line, type the number of points you think you have achieved for each task (leave blank or put 0 for tasks not attempted).
Only one e-mail should be sent to us for this contest, and that one e-mail should contain all the items you intend to enter for the scavenger hunt. After an e-mail has been received, no further e-mails from that address will count towards the contest (in other words, don’t do some of the list, e-mail it to us, then do more and e-mail that to us later). All attachments and the following document should come in the form of a single e-mail with multiple attachments, if applicable.
All e-mails must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on April 14, 2007. The winner will be announced on Star Wars Action News on our April 16th show.
If you have any questions, please post them in the Scavenger Hunt Questions forum on Star Wars Action News, found at http://reviewstarwars.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43.
Name: <type your name here>
Age: <type your age here>
E-Mail Address: <type your e-mail address here>
Shipping Address: <type the address we should ship Jabba to here>
Phone Number: <type your phone number here>
SCAVENGER HUNT TASKS:
(for each task, put the number of points you believe you have gotten for each task in the left column. If additional information is needed, fill that out in the specified locations).
- ________ Have an account on the Star Wars Action News forums with more than 25 posts (if you’re already a member, you already have these points!) 25 points
Enter forum name here: _________________________
- ________ Sign up for the weekly Star Wars Action News newsletter using your above e-mail address (newsletter subscription must be active at the time of the contest’s closing. If you’re already subscribed, you already have these points!) 25 points
- ________ Leave a voice mail at the Star Wars Action News voice mail line (415-508-JEDI) with a store report. Include your e-mail address (from above) on that store report for validation. 25 points
Enter the time and date that you left the voice mail _________________________________
- ________ Go to the Star Wars Action News home page at http://www.swactionnews.com Click on the Sideshow banner. 25 points
Tell us which item the banner links to: ______________________________________
- ________ Tell us the scale of the Sideshow Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin Diorama 15 points
Type the scale here: _____________________________
- ________ Take a picture of a Sideshow item that you own. Include in the picture a sign that says “I Want Jabba” and the date the picture is taken. 40 points
Attach that picture to this e-mail.
- ________ Take a picture of yourself in a shirt that advertises Star Wars Action News (either one of ours or one you create yourself). Be holding a creative sign that says how much you want the Jabba figure. 40 points
Attach that picture to this e-mail
- ________ Vote for us and leave a comment at Podcast Alley using the e-mail address for this contest. 20 points (vote and comment must be entered during the duration of the contest)
Enter the date that you voted for us: ___________________________________
- ________ Tell us what the exclusive edition item was for Sideshow’s Premium Format Boba Fett figure. 15 points
Type what the exclusive item was here: __________________________________
- ________ Give us a link to a web site, blog, or forum (not Star Wars Action News owned) where you’ve told someone to listen to Star Wars Action News. This must be posted during the duration of the contest. 20 points
Type the URL of your posting here: _____________________________________
- ________ E-mail us a picture of a Star Wars section of a toy aisle with a sign that says “Star Wars Action News Rocks!” and has our URL (http://www.swactionnews.com). 40 points
Attach that picture to this e-mail.
- ________ List the creatures that come with Sideshow’s Inclusive Edition Salacious Crumb 15 points
List those creatures here: ___________________________________________________________________________________
- ________ Tell us how many points you earn from Sideshow’s Rewards program when you order the Yoda 1:1 life sized bust. 15 points
Type the number of rewards points here: __________________________
- ________ Tell us what the difference is between the Sideshow’s Exclusive Edition bonus Womp Rat and the regular Womp Rat. 15 points
Type the difference here: ________________________________________________
- ________ Digg Star Wars Action News (the show in general, not a specific episode) at Digg.com25 points (if you’ve already Digg-ed us, you already have the points!)
Type your Digg username here: _________________________
- ________ Digg episodes of Star Wars Action News 5 points per episode Digg-ed, 400 points maximum (if you’ve already Digg-ed us, you already have the points!)
Type your Digg username here: _________________________
- ________ Record an MP3 of you singing or rapping about how much you want the Sideshow Jabba. (Keep it clean!) 20 points
Attach the MP3 to this e-mail.
- ________ Per Sideshow’s podcast from 3/22, what did Heath Hammond say sticks out the most of the Yavin Luke Skywalker figure? 20 points
Type answer here: ________________________
- ________ Have a celebrity call the Star Wars Action News voice mail at 415-508-JEDI and say “Hi, this is <their name> from <where they are famous from> and you are listening to Star Wars Action News”. The celebrity must be listed on Wikipedia (so your local news anchor doesn’t count). 25 points if Arnie & Marjorie do not know of the celebrity. 50 points if Arnie and Marjorie do know of the celebrity. 100 points if the celebrity is Star Wars related. 200 points if that celebrity is George Lucas or David Hasselhoff.
Type the date and time of the voice mail here: ____________________________
Include a photo of you and the celebrity to this e-mail.
Total points possible: 1000
Points you believe you received: _____________________
You can also Download the entry form as a Microsoft Word document.
Only one entry per person or household, e-mail address, and mailing address. Anyone found to be making multiple entries shall have all entries voided and be ineligible from this and all future Star Wars Action News contests.
To avoid any appearance of impropriety, all members or volunteers of Star Wars Action News, past and current, as well as their families cannot be winners of this contest (but may enter for fun if they so wish).
All photos, voice mails, etc. entered as part of this podcast become property of Star Wars Action News and may be published on the Internet at their sole discression.
All prizes for this contest are donated by Sideshow Collectibles. Star Wars Action News takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected prizes.
This contest will accept entries until 11:59 P.M. CST on April 14, 2007. The winner will be announced on Star Wars Action News' April 16th show.
To Win:The winner of this contest will be the person to send the entry with the highest number of points attained as per the scavenger hunt list to email@example.com. Only one e-mail will be accepted per e-mail address, and only the first e-mail sent will constitute an entrant's submission to the contest. In the event of a tie for the maximum number of points, the individuals tied for the most points will be entered into a random drawing with only one winner receiving the Jabba the Hutt 1/6 scale figure and Throne.
All questions about this contest should be posted in the appropriate thread in the Star Wars Action News forums at http://reviewstarwars.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43
Delivery for the contest winner:
**The winner must allow 4-6 weeks after announcement of win to receive the product. To get the latest news from Sideshow Collectibles, join our Newsletter! All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole discretion. See below for more International Shipping Terms.
Delivery time & Restrictions:
All continental US orders are shipped via either UPS or FedEx ground service. Because FedEx cannot provide tracking numbers for P.O. Boxes, Sideshow Collectibles will no longer ship to a P.O. Box. Please provide your street address or your shipment will be delayed. For FedEx Ground deliveries, please allow up to 6 business days for delivery from the date your order is shipped.
International Shipping Restrictions:
Any International winner, outside the EU, will be responsible for the shipping costs. Please see additional details below. At this time we are unable to make shipments to Venezuela or Nigeria. Please Click Here for further interenational shipping information and restrictions.
All taxes are the responsibility of the winner. All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All international winners will be responsible for any duties, tariffs, taxes or import fees assessed to their prize. Further some countries outside of the U.S. do not have reliable mail services. In the event that a prize has been stolen or mishandled during shipment to an international destination, Sideshow may not be able to replace the specific item and will substitute a prize at its own discretion. If the winner prefers a specific quicker shipping method, they are responsible to notify us immediately and will also be responsible to cover the additional costs if any. At this time, we do not accept credit cards from Mexico. Refer to our Help Desk for alternative payment options.