VENGANZA MEDIA, INC. GENERAL CONTEST RULES
The following rules are applicable to all contests run on all podcasts and web sites produced and/or owned by Venganza Media (Star Wars Action News, Republic Forces Radio Network, Now Playing, Marvelicious, Books & Nachos, Comicpocalypse, and others)
These rules are last updated as of November 10, 2010 and apply to all contests started after that date.. Venganza Media reserves the right to update and modify these rules at any time.
1) No purchase is necessary to enter any Venganza Media contest.
2) Only one entry per person or household, e-mail address, and mailing address. Anyone found to be making multiple entries shall have all entries voided and be ineligible from this and all future Venganza Media contests.
3) All contestants may be asked to provide a valid form of identification satisfactory to Venganza Media management. In cases where contestants operate under an alias (i.e. Twitter contests, forum contests, email submissions) the selected winner may be required to post or contact us using the same method and identity used to enter the contest within the eligible time frame for claiming of prizes. (Examples of identification that may be requested include posting/tweeting a specific identifying phrase or communicating identity through the specific site/forum from which the winner was selected.)
4) After winning a contest on a Venganza Media podcast, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests from any Venganza Media podcast for a period of thirty (30) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize valued at $250.00 or more from Venganza Media are ineligible to win any other prizes for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning.
5) Unless otherwise noted, contests will be open to everyone; however, winners outside of the continental United States will be responsible to pay for shipping of the prize(s) via Paypal or a check payable to Venganza Media Inc. At this time we are unable to make shipments to Venezuela or Nigeria. All international winners will be responsible for any duties, tariffs, taxes or import fees assessed to their prize. Further some countries outside of the U.S. do not have reliable mail services. Venganza Media assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes. Venganza Media takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected prizes.
6) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
7) If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or more contest restrictions, if the winner cannot receive the prize, or if the winner does not wish to pay incurred shipping costs, another contestant will be selected. This selection procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
8) Winners of contests will be announced on the air of the podcast running the contest. The winner then has thirty (30) days from the podcastís original publication date to claim the prize. In some cases a shorter prize claim deadline may be set, in which case that date will be specifically stated in the broadcast either at the time the contest is announced or at the time the winner is announced. Prize claim instructions will be given in the broadcast. Venganza Media shall have no responsibility for a contestantís failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest. Failure to claim the prize(s) by the deadline will result in the forfeiture of the prize(s), which shall remain the property of Venganza Media. Venganza Media assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes. Venganza Media takes no responsibility for lost or misdirected prizes.
9) As a condition of entering a contest, contestants must agree that upon winning, they will consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with Venganza Media for publicity purposes. All photos, voice mails, etc. entered as part of a contest become the property of Venganza Media for any use Venganza Media deems fit including publication and broadcast.
10) Anytime a Venganza Media voicemail line called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to Venganza Media Inc. to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast.
11) Venganza Media reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that Venganza Media deems necessary to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
12) Current employees, volunteers, and staff of Venganza Meida, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, are not eligible to win any contest.
13) All prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions and/or substitutions except at the discretion Venganza Media or the contest sponsor. Venganza Media reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. Venganza Media cannot be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of prizes.
14) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from Venganza Media and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
15) Venganza Media assumes no liability for liability, damages, situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Venganza Media, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies, affiliates thereof, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. As a condition of entering a contest, participants may be required, upon winning, to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the contestantís right to claim or receive the prize.
16) For any internet based contests
a) All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or contestants will be disqualified.
b) Any problems with the internet or email are not Venganza Mediaís responsibility.
c) Contestants who attempt to register to participate on Venganza Mediaís websites may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
17) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply.
18) If any problems are discovered by Venganza Media after a contest has begun, different methods of entry may be substituted and utilized after that information is broadcast on the Venganza Media podcast(s) running the contest.
19) Venganza Media, in its sole discretion, has the final decision as to who is the winner of any given contest.
20) In the case where a prize is provided by a sponsor or contest partner, responsibility for delivery of the prize is solely the responsibility of that contest partner. Venganza Media assumes no responsibility and cannot be held liable for prizes not received from the prize donor.
21) Winners must allow 6-10 weeks after claiming of a prize to receive the product.