This is an enhanced podcast but image playback is not fully supported. Best viewed in iTunes.
Have you been to your local Toys R Us lately? Coast to coast, reports are coming in that Toys R Us is breaking street date with their stock of new figures, Saga Legends, The Clone Wars, and Vintage Collection, all hitting pegs en masse! The Snowspeeder, Cloud Car, and Republic Tank vehicles have been spotted as well! While releases are spotty, some stores putting out everything and some putting out nothing at all, with a buy-one-get-one 50% off deal it's too enticing to pass up! Listen to this week's Star Wars Action News podcast as show listeners call in with reports and reviews on these brand new Hasbro toys!
Also this week, Arnie and Marjorie round up the latest convention news, including San Diego Comic Con exclusives and Star Wars Celebration 5 exclusives, including a special collectible from the C5 collector's panels.
With a Hasbro Q&A and more, it's all on this week's Star Wars Action News!
And while tickets are SOLD OUT for the Star Wars Action News/Yakface party at Star Wars Celebration 5, you can sign up for the waitlist in case a handful come available.
- SWAN/Yakface C5 Party -- SOLD OUT. Wait list available
- Charity event Wed night
- Collector panel collectibles -- cereal boxes
- Star Tours 2.0 will be "Ever-changing", no 2 rides the same
- Frank D'iorio -- The Celebration V Diorama Workshop Figure Fund
- Cartoon Network and C5 giving ultimate fan giveaway
- Celebration 5 promo art: Pontoon Boat
- Celebration 5 promo art: Orange Yoda
- Celebration 5 promo art: Roller Coaster
- C5 and SDCC exclusive insider
- Acme Archives New Prints
- Exclusive B&W version for members of their Athenaeum Marquee & Prestige members, limited to 75 pieces
- Fett's Prize by William Silvers
- Brian's Toys
- McQuarrie Vader Mini-Bust
- 12" Stormtrooper 3.75" Action Figure Replica
- Sideshow Hammerhead
- Entertainment Earth has 4 new comic packs
- Star Wars Clone Wars Full Size Wall Mural
- BETTER copies of the recordings than found at Starwars.com
- Lucasfilm suing makers of Arctic laser saying it looks too much like a lightsaber
- Chris from Paducah has a fan film in contention at ATOM Films
1980 Star Wars calls: Call (714) 643-2997 to hear one recording at random. Outside the US? Use SIP at email@example.com or Skype to dial +99000936-9991443239.
1) With so many original trilogy vehicles finally getting releases (Cloud Car!), rereleases (Snowspeeder), or upgrades (AT-ST/AT-AT), is a rerelease or upgrade of the Skiff on the horizon, preferably as a non-exclusive vehicle?
2) Last year you mentioned in a Q&A session that new TIE Bomber with newly tooled cockpit was in development for a possible 2010/2011 release. Can you give us an update on whether plans have solidified around this vehicle yet please or perhaps share any details about what else will set it apart from previous releases? Is it larger or does it have any cool new features? Are the wings retooled and a little bigger perhaps? Also, if it's not too early to know, will it be gray or blue in hue?
Get all the details and information for CelebraSWAN V
Wednesday Night -- Trivia for Charity
All details in the forums:
Star Wars Action News and Yakface.com are teaming up to make the best party at C4 even better for C5! On Thursday, August 12th, the Star Wars Action News/Yakface party will be held at the Embassy International in Orlando. There will be music and prizes, as well as an exclusive shirt you will never be able to get anywhere else *free* with your admission! Tickets are on sale.
SDCC Meet & Greet
7 pm at The Yardhouse
Let us know in the forums if you’re going.