Episode 426: Hot Wheels & Heavy Mattel
June 16, 2014
Star Wars collectors have braved the Hasbro booth year after year to get the latest, hottest exclusive toys. While the lines have been long and brutal and the toys expensive it was, at least for the past several years, the only line for exclusive, hard-to-get Star Wars toys. Until 2014. Now, as Disney's corporate partnerships bring new Star Wars toys around the globe, Hasbro toy competitor Mattel has a licence for Hot Wheels from a Galaxy Far, Far Away! The line has been previewed and the first opportunity to get an exclusive Darth Vader car is at SDCC this summer! On this week's Star Wars Action News podcast Marjorie and Arnie discuss the released photos and share why collectors shouldn't need to race as hard to the Mattel booth on Preview Night!
And as San Diego Comic-Con International draws near it is also time to announce details for the 4th annual Star Wars Fan Breakfast at SDCC. This year Star Wars Action News has partnered with Steve Sansweet to raise funds for Rancho Obi-Wan and make the fan breakfast the best yet! Watch this episode of the podcast for the details.
With Jerry returning to put his stamp on a new Vintage Viewpoint, looking back at the original Kenner toys, Johnathan telling you what is On the Pegs, and Marjorie and Arnie reviewing the newest Mission Series figure packs, it's all in this episode of Star Wars Action News!
Register NOW for the Star Wars Fan Breakfast at SDCC!
Star Wars Action News Sponsors:
- Run Disney 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon Information
- Journeys Exclusive 6-inch Funko Vinyl Figures with Vans Shoes
- Gentle Giant Exclusive Inquisitor Deluxe Maquette
- Kotobukiya Bishoujo Mara Jade shipping -- Pre-Sold Out Many Places
- Sideshow - 12-inch Cade Bane in Denal disguise
- Hot Wheels Star Wars SDCC Exclusive - pre-order on June 24
- JediTempleArchives.com - Star Wars Hot Wheels Revealed
- New SDCC Exclusive Car Accessories from MyCoolCarStuff